Concrete Floor Grinding, Polishing and Sealing in London and Essex UK
If you have been searching for concrete floor polishing services, then you have come to the right place! The Real Shine Stone Ltd team of experienced concrete floor finishers have decades of experience working on commercial and residential projects across the country. We would love to show you how we can use our knowledge and skills to bring your residential home or commercial and business space to life.
Polished concrete floors are becoming an increasingly attractive option for many residential and commercial properties. It’s an effective way to make any floor or surface look beautiful while also maintaining its functionality. You can add a touch of class and elegance to any floor while reducing the amount of hard work and time you’ll need to spend on cleaning, maintaining, and polishing it.
If you have been considering polished concrete flooring, then Real Shine Stone would love to give you a 100% free, no-obligation quote.
In the following section, we’re going to breakdown the information about concrete polishing for you and explain in a detailed step-by-step process of how concrete polishing works:
- How the concrete floor polishing process works
- Different types of concrete floor polishing finish available
- Where you can use polished concrete floors
- The various concrete polishing services that we provide at Real Shine Stone.
Why are people choosing polished concrete floors and surfaces?
There are a variety of different reasons why so many people keep coming back to Real Shine Stone for their concrete polishing. Polished concrete floors leave you with an extraordinarily beautiful, almost marble-like finish and add a touch of modern elegance to any property.
Polished concrete floors have another bonus, especially for commercial properties and showrooms. The polished concrete floors absorb less light than other flooring options. What does this mean? It means that the entire space will require less lighting and aid in visibility throughout the area.
Polished concrete surfaces offer you a smoother finish, that’s less slippery than painted concrete floors and surfaces. They are also oil and stain-resistant and don’t require constant maintenance, just a quick mop, and they’ll look like new again.
How does the concrete polishing process work?
With any specialized technique, several steps need to be followed to ensure that you end up with a perfectly finished product. Concrete polishing requires expert skills, specialized equipment, and attention to detail to ensure a perfect finish every time.
With any complicated process such as polishing concrete floors, there are several steps that we follow to get you a brilliantly finished concrete floor or surface. While some jobs are harder than others, our professional team has the skills and expertise to leave you with a perfectly finished polished concrete surface.
What is involved in polishing a concrete floor?
The process of achieving a fantastic polished concrete service begins with pouring a great concrete slab. It’s the material that goes into the concrete mix that will ultimately be highlighted in the finished polish. If you’re intending on polishing concrete floors or other surfaces, then it’s essential that you choose a finish that you like before pouring the concrete.
If you have an existing concrete floor, then you can still get a fantastic polished finish. Another option would be to add another layer to your existing concrete slab, which can then have different aggregates or material added before polishing.
You may be surprised to learn that polishing concrete is very similar to sanding a piece of wood. It’s just a lot tougher! Large polishing machines that utilise diamond abrasives grind down the surface of the concrete. Course pads are slowly transitioned down through to fine pads, which will give you a smooth and polished finish.
There are two different techniques used for concrete polishing:
- Wet Polishing – While wet polishing is easier on the abrasives used during the polishing process, it involves a lot more work both during the process and cleaning up afterward. Wet polishing utilises water as a lubricant, which results in a lot of mess and cleanup.
- Dry Polishing – Dry polishing is the most widely used method across the industry. It’s faster than wet polishing, it’s easier, and there is less clean up after the job is finished.
Real Shine Stone polished concrete and flooring quality & standards!
While there aren’t published standards when it comes to polished concrete floors and concrete maintenance, we work to an extremely high industry standard. We aren’t happy until our clients and customers are happy with their finished flooring.
Concrete polishing isn’t just grinding your concrete and putting a coating on it. One of the most significant advantages to any concrete flooring or surfaces is that they don’t require any ongoing maintenance apart from mopping.
When we polish floors, we start with a coarse pad and then transition down through multiple pads until we finish at the desired polish level. During the polishing process, we also add an internal impregnating sealer. This sealer absorbs into the concrete and is invisible to the naked eye but protects your concrete. It also helps to strengthen the concrete.
Where can you use polished concrete floors?
One of the best aspects of polished concrete floors is their versatility. There are hundreds of different areas where you can take advantage of beautiful polished concrete.
- Commercial & business applications – Commercial shopfronts, shop floors, showrooms, offices, builders’ merchants, warehouses, commercial rooms, boardrooms, retail shopfronts, restaurants, hotel lobbies, and much more.
- Residential applications – Residential living and communal spaces, garages, outdoor areas, patios, garages, kitchens, bathrooms, barns, and farms.
What concrete polishing services do Real Shine Stone offer?
When it comes to concrete and stone, Real Shine Stone is one of the best in the business and put the needs of their clients first. When it comes to any stone or concrete services, you’ll be dealing with one of the best companies in the industry.
Real Shine Stone has a variety of different concrete polishing services available including:
- Commercial Concrete Polishing – If you have a commercial property and believe that polished concrete floors would be a great way to take your aesthetics to the next level, then we’d love to be able to help. We offer commercial concrete polishing services and would love to have the opportunity to show you how we could create a beautiful zone in your commercial property. Polished concrete flooring is also a practical way to improve light and open up dark and gloomy areas.
- Concrete Grinding – Our team of qualified and experienced tradespeople is skilled at all levels of concrete grinding. If you require concrete grinding at your commercial or residential property, don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
- Concrete Polishing – Concrete polishing requires a steady hand, years of experience, and an eye for the small details. The team at Real Shine Stone has decades of combined experience working on a variety of different concrete polishing projects. It doesn’t matter how large or small, contact them today for a free, no-obligation quote on your concrete polishing job.
- Glue, Paint, and Latex Removal – If you have an existing area that’s covered in glue, paint, latex, or some other material and you’d like it removed, Real Shine Stone has you covered. They have the skills and equipment to get the job done.
- Concrete Floor Maintenance – Updating existing concrete floor and concrete floor maintenance can seem like a big challenge, but it’s not an impossible one. The professional and friendly team at Real Shine Stone has the equipment and experience to get your tired, old, or damaged concrete floors looking like new again in no time.
- Concrete Overlays – If you have an existing concrete slab, floor, or wall and would like to have it polished, then we can always look at concrete overlays. Concrete overlays are a fantastic way to achieve that glossy concrete effect you’re looking for.
- Residential Concrete Polishing – If you’re looking to add a touch of class or elegance to your residential property, then residential concrete polishing could be perfect for you! You can have a wide variety of different areas polished, including living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, foyers, hallways, and even outdoor spaces. Concrete polishing is one of the best ways to add a modern yet luxurious look to any residential property.
- Diamond Grinding, Diamond Polishing, and Maintenance – Real Shine Stone has a variety of different diamond grinding, diamond polishing, and maintenance services available for both residential and commercial properties. If you’re looking to take your property to the next level, then you need to work with one of the best in the business – Real Shine Stone. Their team has decades of combined experience working on a variety of small and large residential and commercial projects.
What finishes are available with polished concrete floors?
At Real Shine Stone, we have a variety of popular concrete finishes available for your polished concrete floors. While all options are attractive, the finish you choose will ultimately depend on your style and preferences, as well as the quality of the concrete surface that we have to work with.
The four concrete finishes that we offer at Real Shine Stone Ltd are:
It’s important to remember that there are limitations when choosing a floor finish. Our team of experts will be able to advise you of the best finished polish effect to suit your location and requirements. We’ll be able to discuss options with you in person onsite when we look at your home or property.
If you’re looking for a smooth and
consistent finish for your concrete surface, then Cream Polish would be the perfect finish for you. It provides a consistent sheen throughout the entire surface. If you want to add colour, stain, or dye, then a Cream Polish would be your best option.
Salt & Paper
Salt & Pepper is one of the most commonly used methods for polished concrete floors. It delivers a consistent finish and will provide a crisp and sharp finish for your finished flooring.
Bush hammered concrete finishes provide a fantastic array of different textures to concrete walls and floors. It can be beneficial on walls and outdoor areas, and there are a variety of different textured looks that you can achieve.
How to contact Real Shine Stone for concrete polishing services!
If you have any concrete surfaces and you would like a quote on concrete polishing, or concrete grinding or concrete maintenance, then don’t hesitate to contact Real Shine Stone. Maintaining your concrete surfaces is a critical way to get the most out of your flooring and a fantastic way to highlight different areas in your residential or commercial property.
At Real Shine Stone, we have a team of highly qualified and professional concrete polishing experts that are ready to come to your home, office, or business and speak to you about your polished concrete flooring or concrete surface requirements.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us directly! Our friendly and professional sales team is always available to answer any of your questions.
We cover London UK, Hertfordshire and Essex.